Monday, January 25, 2010

A Week in Class

I spent last week in a workshop at ArtCloth Studios with 9 other artists. It was an independent projects class, so each of us worked individually on our own projects. Jane Dunnewold has been running these workshops in January for a number of years and I have attended for the past 5 years. It is a great way to jump start the year. At the beginning of the week, we each create a plan of what we want to accomplish during the week. I find that having a whole week of dedicated studio time at the beginning of the year helps get me back on track after the holidays.
And, it's a great time to reconnect with friends from around the country. Many of the people have been coming for a number of years and we have formed a bond. This year was a nice mix of people who have come before and a few who hadn't.





A number of people in the class were experimenting with paper lamination. It's a process of adhering paper or metal leaf to sheer fabric. The results are fascinating.







The rest of us focused on dyeing, painting, discharge and just plain having fun!





I was able to accomplish a lot over the course of the week. I moved forward three pieces from a series I'm working on and have two other pieces that are one step from completion. It's a great feeling to get all that done, but now I'm playing catch up with email and all the other stuff that stacked up over the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...