Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Work

I finished two pieces this week. I started them in December, but with the holidays, illness and other time commitments, it's taken me awhile to get back to them. I started by dyeing, then discharging, applying soy wax, overdying and discharging again. Here is how one of them looked on December 25th.

After many more layers of printing, here is the final.

The photos of the second piece did not turn out, so I'll post photos of it later. Here are a couple detail shots.

These pieces were some of my "play" pieces. I didn't have a plan, I just started and took them one step at at time. I wanted to play with complementary colors and layering soy wax, discharge and overdyeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...