Monday, January 18, 2010

Miniatures

Last summer I bought some 4" x 4" mini canvases and I finally started working with them just before Christmas. I used them to create miniature fiber collages. I felt challenged when I started creating 10 x 10 and 12 x 12 collages last summer. These miniatures are even more challenging. It is a very small space to work with! They are fun, though. And it's a great way to warm up and get the creative juices flowing.


I typically start with fabric that has several layers of screenprinting. Then I add more printing, and metal leaf. In some cases, I wrap the fabric around and staple it to the back of the canvas. Others are adhered directly to the painted canvas.
































If you decide you'd like a miniature of your own, they are available for purchase in my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...