Sunday, January 17, 2010

ArtCloth Opportunity


Before, Katherine Sylvan, ArtCloth Network member


The ArtCloth Network, a group of artists dedicated to promoting the medium of cloth as an artform, is currently having a call for membership. I'm a relative newcomer to the group,having joined in 2008, however I feel it is a great opportunity for those who wish to be part of a community of other artists working in this new medium. Members of the network meet annually to share what they are working on, and to discuss professional concerns and opportunities. In addition, the group produces an artcloth exhibition annually.

I have enjoyed the opportunity to talk with others about techniques and processes, about art-related concerns and frustrations and about approaches to creating. The annual exhibition pushed me to create work outside my comfort zone. I have also had a couple of teaching opportunities come my way because of my involvement with the group.

If you create artcloth and are interested in joining the group, you can read more about it in the membership application and requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...