Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A New Opportunity



On Saturday I found out that I've been accepted into the New Braunfels Art League Gallery. New Braunfels is a small city about 20 miles north of San Antonio. The Art League has a beautiful gallery downtown and has an annual process to jury artists into the gallery. It seems to be predominantly painting, drawing and photography, although there are some ceramics, sculpture and jewelry as well. Most of the paintings were representational work. Working in fiber and non-representational imagery, I wasn't sure how the jury would receive my work. I guess they liked it! There are currently two other fiber artists with work in the gallery, Leila Reynolds and Sandra Edsall Taylor. Three out of a hundred - at least it's a start!


I dropped off some of my smaller pieces for the jurying:






Stepping Stones, 10" x 10"




It is Written, 10" x 10"







1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, I thought about joining this year, but my plate is at the moment too full, with book stuff and teaching ... love to know your successes here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...