Saturday, March 21, 2020

Almost six years since my last blog post. At that time, I didn't think I would ever blog again. Actually, I don't know if people even blog anymore. Doesn't really matter, though. I'm doing this for myself.

After my dad passed, I went through a period of depression - spent about 6 months doing nothing but watching Netflix. I realized I had to get out of the house, so I began volunteering with a local animal rescue, San Antonio Pets Alive! After about six months of volunteering, I began to work there. For the past 5 years, I have dedicated my time to animals, at the expense of my art. 

Earlier this year I decided to retire and yesterday was my last day. While it is bittersweet, and I will miss being around the animals, I am excited at the opportunity to get back to creating.  

Spent the day cleaning my studio, so I'm ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...