Monday, January 28, 2013

More "Now Points"

Last summer I spent a month working on some compositions that were inspired by a quote. (Time is not a line, but a series of now-points. -Taisen Deshimaru)

I was drawn to that quote because it is a good reminder that we should focus our energies on each moment as it comes. That is all we really have. I see it as a hopeful message, because it doesn't matter what we did with our "now-points" in the past.  Each moment is an opportunity for redemption.  An opportunity to treat others with compassion, to take a step toward our goals, to live in the manner we desire. 

I created numerous medium-sized pieces to determine my approach for two longer pieces of art cloth (9 ft x 3 ft). The ultimate goal was a juried exhibition for the Art Cloth Network. I finished my two pieces just in time for the deadline.

Now Points: Journey
Journey, detail view


Journey may look somewhat familiar.  I created a smaller piece as a study and wrote about it in a
previous blog. 

Now Points: Converging Paths
Converging Paths, detail view
The first piece was accepted into the exhibition, Interpretations. Later this spring, we'll have photos of all the pieces that were accepted into the exhibition available to view online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...