Thursday, August 9, 2012

Something New

Earlier this summer I did a lot of screenprinting with dye and have many pieces in the works.  I finally finished one! It incorporates multiple layers of screenprinting with dye, screenprinting with paint, soy wax resist, hand stitching and metal leaf.


Now Points, 36" x 18", Cotton

I had a great time stitching the french knots. Lots and lots of single, double and triple french knots. I'm guessing there have to be at least 250 of them.This is one of those cases where I could easily have been carried away in the stitching.  I didn't want to stop! 


Now Points, detail
This piece was inspired by a quote I came across last year.

Time is not a line, but a series of now-points.
- Taisen Deshimaru




3 comments:

  1. I have to tell you Lisa, that when viewed in Google Reader the top picture moves like an animation! A lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous piece Lisa!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...