Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Change of Heart

I'm trying something new this fall - teaching online classes.  I thought about doing so two years ago, but the perfectionist in me asked "How could this be of value without face to face interaction?"  A few things have contributed to my change of heart.  I have come to recognize the power of connecting and communicating online. As I have become more involved online, I have developed friendships with people that are more meaningful than I would have thought possible. Sure, nothing can compare with being together in person, but when you can't do that, online connections are great.

I have taken some online classes and I like the self study aspect. It's great to be able to fit something into my schedule and not have to worry about being in a certain place at a certain time.  And the cost is also a big draw.  I can take an online workshop with a well known instructor for a lot less than going to a workshop in person (plus no travel costs!)

So, I'm taking the plunge.  This fall I'm offering two classes: a version of my resist class that focuses on resists from the pantry and a class on African inspired cloth, which focuses on the use of adinkra symbols.  You can read more about the classes on my website. If you are thinking about giving an online class a try, I'd love to have a few friendly faces in the inaugural group!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, What a great idea! I may have to take that Africa-inspired fabric class. Sounds really interesting.

    I posted today about your oatmeal resist. http://www.bloombakecreate.com/2012/08/oatmeal-resist/ Come on over and check it out. My result - just tried it once - aren't as pretty as yours but I'll definitely try it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...