Monday, July 9, 2012

Affirming



Last month I participated in an online class offered by Alyson Stanfield called Blast Off. A lot of Alyson's work is focused on marketing, but this class had more of a big picture focus.  The course was designed to give artists a jump start by working on their vision, goals, financial reality check and  continued learning. 

I got a lot out of it and it really has lit a fire under me.  Many of the lessons were very useful.  One that I particularly like was to make affirmations a part of your daily routine. I have created affirmations in the past and found them to be poweful - in helping me visualize what I want and also in keeping me focused.  I just found it hard to make them a part of my daily practice.

Alyson talked about a process of making affirmation cards so that you would have something in your hand to hold and read.  After writing out my affirmations, I decided to try it.  I used heavy (300 lb) watercolor paper and watercolor pencils.  The process of creating them was fun and I've found that holding the cards as I read them is more powerful than just reading my affirmations as a list on a piece of paper.  The cards seem to have a sense of energy that I can feel in my hands. 

I have been successful at making them a part of my daily journaling/meditation. Let's hope I can keep it up this time!

Do you use affirmations?  How have they affected your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...