Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back in Kansas City

C&T Publishing invited me to attend Quilt Market in Kansas City to promote my new book.  It will be a whirlwind trip - presentation to quilt shop owners today and a book signing tomorrow, then back on a plane for home. I arrived yesterday. 

Since this is my first time doing anything like this, I've been practicing my presentation whenever I can.  Yesterday I found myself in the Pizza Hut at DFW in between flights.  The place was empty, so after lunch I decided to run through my presentation.  I closed my eyes to better concentrate.  When I opened my eyes 20 minutes later, the place was packed.  A man kept glancing at me surreptitiously. Maybe they though I was meditating.  Maybe they thought I was dead. Maybe they didn't even notice.

Well, I'm off to get breakfast and practice my presentation a few more time. More later.


  

2 comments:

  1. You Go Girl!! I'm so proud of you!!! ;-))))

    xo

    p.s. when will my book arrive? I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be great, I know!! Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...