Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fiber Art Smorgasbord

I'm flying half way across the country next month just to look at art.  It seems rather extravagant and is out of character for me.  But I can't pass the opportunity to see cutting edge fiber art from artists around the world. This weekend is the opening of FiberPhiladelphia, an international biennial and regional festival for innovative fiber/textile art. Exhibitions are planned for 40 locations throughout the city. They will include work by renowned international artists and a new generation of artists breaking into the field.

View the FiberPhiladelphia website to see all the exhibitions that are planned.  You can also view photos from one of the main exhibitions, Outside/Inside the Box. Several of my pieces will be on exhibit as part of the ArtCloth Network's Lines and Numbers exhibition. (More on that next week.)

I'm really looking forward to it.  If you're going, maybe I'll see you there!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...