I've been working on a new series over the past year. It's been a slow process because I've had to fit it in between other obligations. Most of the pieces have been finished for months, but there were two larger ones that have proven rather elusive. One piece was so close, but I couldn't determine what else it needed to be complete. The inspiration finally came on Wednesday, and it turns out it was something very simple. I realized the piece didn't have enough value contrast, so I added some light areas and just a touch of the complementary color. It is amazing what a difference that small change makes. I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet, but I'll show photos once I do.
The other large piece requires a bit more, but I'm determined to finish it by Sunday. This is a self-imposed deadline, but it is there for two good reasons. First, I have been invited to exhibit my work at the Creekside Gallery at the Hill Country Arts Foundation. I have to deliver the work by the end of January. Second, I am spending all next week in a class with Jane Dunnewold, so I won't have time to work on it then. The class is an independent projects class, so I could work on it, but I'd rather move on to something new!
I'll post more info about the exhibit and show photos of the work later this month. Now I have to get back in the studio and start working!