Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Gift



I received a beautiful gift for my birthday a few weeks ago.  A silver bracelet. I'm not much for jewelry - no rings, necklaces or bracelets adorn my body.  The pierced holes in my ears have long since closed up. Yet this was a special gift from a special person and I wanted to honor that. So I have decided to make it my "mindfulness" bracelet.  I use it as a reminder to stop, breathe, smile and appreciate my many blessings. Every time I become aware of the bracelet throughout the day, it centers me. So this really was a special gift - and much more than just a beautiful bracelet.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday a bit late! Lovely idea about the bracelet! We all need reminders to stay centered!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...