Thursday, July 21, 2011

Do I Really Look Like That?!

   

Yesterday I received a copy of the DVD for Quilting Arts TV Series 800. I flew to Cleveland in February to film two segments for the series that airs on some PBS stations. I have to admit, I was a little nervous to see how it came out. During filming, you only get one shot - no do-overs. I was afraid that maybe I said something really silly. It all happened so fast, but Pokey Bolton is expert at guiding the guests along.

Bottom line, I was pleased with how it came out. I did a segment on Resists From the Kitchen, showcasing oatmeal, mashed potato and baby cereal resists. That segment appears on episode 806 (scheduled to air in early September). I also did a section on adding texture with brayer printing. That segment appears on episode 809, scheduled to air in mid-September.

There are 12 episodes in the series, which features Ana Buzzalino, Faith Cleary, Vivika Hansen DeNegre, Diane Rusin Doran, Maria Elkins, Noriko Endo, Lynn Krawczyk, Jane LaFazio, Nancy Odom, Mary Pal, Susan Shie, Cheryl Sleboda, Jennifer Solon, Judith Trager, and Terry White. Pokey Bolton and Helen Gregory from Quilting Arts Magazine also filmed some segments. The episodes cover a lot of ground - surface design, machine stitching tips, collaged and fused quilts and even a little color theory.

Check to see if your local PBS station airs the show. If not, the DVDs are available through Quilting Arts TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...