Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Nice Surprise

I recently learned that Sue Dennis has awarded my blog the Leibster blog award. People give the award to blogs that have motivated and inspired them. I confess that I'm on the fringes of the blog world and had not heard of it before. It was a nice surprise. When I started this blog several years ago, I had no idea if people would be interested in what I had to say. I kept blogging along anyway, and it's nice to know that at least one person finds it meaningful!

Sue is an artist from Brisbane, Australia.  Her blog, suedennisartquilts.blogspot.com, is a wonderful mix of news and photos of her work and her travels. Thanks, Sue!



The tradition of the blog requires that recipients who choose to accept the award do the following:
1. Link back to the person who gave it and thank them.
2. Post the award to their blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that they appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.


I know - it sounds a little like a chain letter (which I always break!).  I chose to accept this award, because I wanted to honor Sue's recognition and I wanted the chance to promote some of the blogs I follow. It was hard to narrow it down to five, but here are a few that motivate and inspire me:


And Then We Set It On Fire - This blog is a joint effort by Beth Berman, Beth Schnellenberger, Judith DeMilo Brown, Karen Silvers, Kit Lang and Nienke Smit, along with special guest contributors. The group focuses on a different surface design technique each month.  I love to see what they are doing - they are far more adventurous than I!



Art Quill Studio - Marie-Therese Wisniowski, another aussie, writes this blog. Marie-Therese offers insightful commentary on art-related topics, news about the latest trends in surface design and printmaking and photos of her art explorations.


The Happy Printmaker - Jennifer Nieuwenhof's blog is a visual feast.  I am drawn to her work for the composition, the colors and the energy it brings. Her work inspires me and feeds my love for abstraction.


Judy in the Dyes - Judy Carpenter's blog is a nice blend of what is most important in her life. I love seeing her latest artcloth creations and keeping up with what is happening.  From reading her blog, I felt like I knew her long before I met her in person.


Sarazmuz - Sara Crittenden Coppedge's blog is appealing because of it's simplicity.  The posts are short, sometimes only a photo, but they often leave me with a smile, an idea or simple appreciation for her work.




1 comment:

  1. Lisa, what a lovely surprise and also a humbling summation of my blogging. Your work continues to inspire me also by your use of abstract imagery and your colour combinations. Thank you. Jen (The Happy Printmaker)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...