Friday, March 16, 2012

Free Art Friday

Artists throughout the world participate in the Free Art Friday movement.  They leave a piece of artwork out in a public space for someone to find and keep. I first heard about it last fall and liked the idea.  What a great way to make your work accessible to all, and to promote arts in the community.  I confess that I haven't yet participated.  Friday is usually my day at the computer, with no access to a car.   But this week, I find myself in New York, and decided to leave a batik miniature somewhere in the city. Below is a photo of the piece.  I don't know where I'll leave it yet, so I can't give you any clues.  It will probably be somewhere near MOMA, one of my must-see's while in the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...