Friday, October 28, 2011

New Artwork

This summer was supposed to be devoted to studio time. But, if you read my last blog post, you see that it didn't end up that way.  I accomplished a lot in July, finishing up a new body of work. I showed photos of a few of them on my blog in July.  But other than that, I only managed to finish four pieces (and only because I had deadlines looming!) The first two were mounted on canvas.  One piece was all wrapped up and ready to ship before I realized I had not taken a photo.  I just didn't feel like unwrapping, so no photo.

The Edge


This piece incorporates multiple layers of dying, hand painting, acrylic paint and hand needle felting.

The other two are large pieces of artcloth, 72" x 30".  Created on dobby noil (a really nice fabric available from Exotic Silks), they incorporate both rice baby cereal resist and soy wax resist along with multiple layers of dye painting.

Crossing the Line




Between the Lines


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...