Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday from the President



Alright, alright, I'll admit it. I didn't really receive a birthday card from the president, just one with a photo of the president on it. Still, not a bad way to start the day.

My father called me in the morning and said that I get to call the shots on my birthday and to do whatever I want. I told him I was already on it. My husband took the day off so we could have a fun day, and I had the whole day planned. We spent the morning hiking in one of the local parks and went out for lunch. Most of the trails at the park were sunny, so we decided to try the Shady Creek trail. It was not well named, because most of the trail was in the full sun. We also hiked up to the observation tower. It had a great view of the city and the surrounding hill country.




The afternoons have been too hot to be outside, so I thought it would be a great idea to rearrange the furniture in my home studio. That may not sound like a fun way to spend one's birthday, but it was exactly what I wanted to do. I've had the itch to reorganize my studio for a few weeks now. I'm sure many of you can relate - the "stash" has gotten so big it's spilling outside of the closet and has taken root on the floor of the studio. I heard about a contest Dick Blick is having for a studio makeover. My husband said that if I sent them photos of what my studio looks like now, I would be sure to win! I realized that not only did I need to organize all the "stuff", I also needed to rearrange the furniture. It now is laid out much more efficiently, and I have more room for working. I'm now researching storage and organizing systems to figure out what will work best in my space. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...