Friday, June 19, 2009

12 x 12 x 122 Revisited



Do you like to hang pictures? How would you feel about hanging 488 pictures? That is what BECA Gallery owners Melissa Roberts and Kurt Schlough faced with the 12 x 12 x 122 exhibit. Each of the 122 artists in the show created four 12 x 12 canvases. The exhibit, which opened June 6th, features a variety of work, including painting, fiber, photography, mixed media, and sculpture, each on the surface of a 12 x 12 inch canvas. The artists include emerging artists who have never shown in a gallery as well as established artists from around the world.



Below are some group shots from the exhibit. The BECA Gallery website, http://www.becagallery.com/index.php, features the work of a few of the artists.










This wall has my pieces. They are a bit difficult to see. On the bottom row, count over to the 9th column from the left. Mine are the four at the bottom of that column. (See photos at the end of this entry.)









I enjoyed creating pieces for the exhibit. It was a challenge to work so small, but my muse came to the rescue. I created four for the exhibit, plus an additional five. I'm now working on some 10 x 10s. I still haven't photographed them all, so look for more photos in my next blog entry. Here are photos of the four that are in the exhibit. I just found out this weekend that the first one, Connection, has sold.





Connected




Cellular Memory




Labyrinthine Dream





The Sacred Path





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...