Sunday, January 23, 2011

ArtCloth Network


108 Beads by Barbara Schneider


The ArtCloth Network, a group of artists dedicated to promoting the medium of cloth as an art form, is currently having a call for membership. I've been a member since 2008 and I joined to be part of a community of other artists working in this medium. Members of the network meet annually to share what they are working on and to discuss professional concerns and opportunities. Part of the group's mission is to educate people about artcloth and one of the ways in which we do that is to produce an artcloth exhibition for members each year.

I have enjoyed the opportunity to talk with others about techniques and processes, about art-related concerns and frustrations and about approaches to creating. The annual exhibition has provided deadlines that push me to create when I might not otherwise and it has also pushed me to create work outside my comfort zone.

If you are committed to creating artcloth and are interested in joining the group, you can read more about it in the membership application and requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...