Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Acquisition

I recently purchased an encaustic painting by Michelle Belto. Michelle is a local artist who creates her "canvas" with hand-made paper. She then paints on top of it with layers of colored beeswax. I was entranced from the time I first saw her work at The Circle Squared, her solo exhibition last fall. Each piece was beautiful. The layers of wax create a rich surface with a lot of depth.

I loved all the pieces from the exhibition, so I had a hard time choosing one. The one I finally decided on, Mandala, spoke to me with it's simplicity. I also love the texture and dimension. I am so excited to have this beautiful piece in my home!



If you'd like to see more of Michelle's work, check out her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...