Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Retreat

With my husband out of town for a few days, I had great plans to have a "retreat in place". Plenty of time to do what I wanted, when I wanted, to feed my soul and uplift my spirit. So, what have I done with my time? Well, I couldn't attain inner peace until my house was clean and neat. Day One - catch up on emails and thoroughly clean entire house. A neat and tidy home got me excited about all the unrealized possibilities for improving my home.



Day Two - Plant annuals and herbs, finally decide to buy curtains for the bedroom (because I know I'll never get around to making them!). I just couldn't keep myself away from my art, so I added some things to a "finished" piece. Unfortunately, it was a disaster. Day Three - Try to undo what I did to my "finished' piece.


Three days and my weekend has slipped by, so I decided to add one more day to my "retreat". Maybe tomorrow I'll actually relax and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...