Monday, December 10, 2012

Time Off

I've taken this month "off".  Partly because my workload has decreased considerably and partly because I was so busy this fall, I needed some down time. But I haven't been sitting around eating bon-bons (just a few holiday rum balls). I've been knitting (and knitting and knitting . . .) holiday gifts.

I took up knitting about two years ago, but haven't really done much. Living in a warm climate, I only knit between November and March. My first few projects included a baby afghan and a scarf.  I discovered that I get bored on long projects, so I thought my days of knitting were over.  Then I discovered neck warmers. A lot faster to make than a scarf, and a wonderful fashion accessory. They are also a great way to try out new stitches.  I like to think of them as my samplers.

Last year I made numerous neck warmers for my friends and myself.  So when it came time to make Christmas gifts, it seemed like the obvious choice. Below are a few of the things I've made over the past month. 







I also like to make hats - pretty quick and easy and great for the kids.


And even though I vowed never to make another scarf, I discovered the knitting board, which means I can knit up a scarf in no time.  I even decided to tackle an afghan again.





I'm running out of time - only two weeks left.  And still so much more to knit!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...