Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back to Earth

It's been awhile since I last checked in.  Of course I have a great excuse - it's been a crazy few weeks.  This weekend I am co-teaching the Vibrant Color soy wax class with Jane Dunnewold.  Last week I worked on hanging the Fiber Artists of San Antonio (FASA) annual exhibition and the week before I spent 6 days in the fourth session of the Artcloth Mastery Program. And in between all that I have to get ready for the classes I am teaching at the Quilt Festival in Houston. I just have to remember to breathe!

A little plug for the FASA exhibition.  It has a wide variety of fiber art from artists throughout Texas.  The work represented runs the gamut from quirky to deeply moving, from beautiful to fun, from innovative to opulent.  Below are just a few of the pieces in the show. (Details about where, when, etc. are below the pics.)



Twenty- First Century American Sampler, Kate Martin




Fission, Laura Ann Beehler






Merge Algorithm, Jean Dahlgren and Ruthie Powers










Diversity-Tolerance, Lana Book



If you would like to see the exhibit, it is at the Gallery Nord, 2009 NW Military Highway, San Antonio, TX through November 5, 2010.  The gallery is open Wed-Sat from 12-5.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thank you for the heads up on this exhibition. I am arriving in SA early for the 2nd Mastery class so I will definitely check it out. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...