I've been working on the rest of the fat quarter studies as part of my artcloth mastery class assignment. These are a series of 8 pieces in which I am using a similar composition, trying different techniques to decide what I want to do for a series of larger pieces. All of the pieces incorporate the use of resists and handpainting. All of these need a bit more work - some just a little touch of metal leaf, some a lot more! But, it's time to put them aside for now and start on the larger pieces.
Below are photos of the remaining five pieces in the series. I posted photos of the
first three a few weeks ago.
This is my favorite of this batch. I used a potato dextrin resist on silk/soy fabric, along with handpainting and discharge. I'm planning to add a little metal leaf as well.
This piece started with a sugar resist on silk/soy, painted while wet, followed by a flour resist. To create additional depth in the background, I added a few layers of handpainting with thickened dye.
This is silk broadcloth, with potato dextrin brushed through a plastic grid, then handpainted.
This is another silk/soy with a sugar resist.
This started with soy wax resist, then several layers of handpainting. This still needs a bit more. I have some ideas, just not enough time!